External and internal refurbishment to an 1850’s Gardeners Cottage, including:
- Upgrade of electrical and hydraulic services,
- Removal of asbestos linings,
- New kitchen and ensuite bathroom,
- Restoration and replacement of all external timber work to match original,
- Replacement of termite damaged flooring with new hardwood flooring to match original heritage timber species and sizing,
- Restoration of heritage door and window hardware,
- New timber ceiling linings to match original,
- New carpet and stair runners,
- Modification of timber handrails to meet code,
- New sandstone patios and walkways to accommodate cars and outdoor dining area,
- Exposed aggregate path ways and the restoration of the hardwood picket fencing and gates.
The project required thoughtful and careful planning, not only due to the heritage nature of the project but the fact it was carried out in a live environment in a very busy precinct.
Environment considerations and planning played a big part of the project and Carfax are proud of the end result which was a high quality finish with no environmental or WHS incidents.
Client: NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
Architect: Long Blackledge Architects